Banana is one of the most nutritious and medicinal fruits on earth. The nutritional benefits of fresh banana are many and very delicious. Bananas are among the most widely consumed fruit in the world. When unripe, a banana primarily consists of starch which constitutes 21%. .As they ripen this starch converts to sugars such as sucrose, glucose and fructose. This leaves 1% starch in a ripe banana. The bananas rich content of potassium makes it ideal for prevention of arterial hypertension, stroke and even cancer. herein are nutritional benefits of banana to man. Find time to read these amazing health benefits of plantain to the body when well consumed.
Nutritional values of a Banana:
• Composition Per 100g raw edible portion
• Energy 92kcal Calcium 6mg Vitamin B2 0.1mg
• Magnesium 29mg, Carbohydrates 21g, Vitamin B3 0.74mg
• Phosphorus 20mg, Fiber 2.4g, Vitamin B6 0.58mg
• Foliate 19.1ug, Vitamin A 8ug RE Iron 0.31mg
• Vitamin C 9mg, Vitamin B1 0.045mg Zinc 0.16mg
• Potassium 396mg Vitamin E 0.27mg
Almost every fruits are considered as the best natural source of nutritious meals we consume daily. The availability of such fruits is limitless and the functions are best for metabolism. Banana is one of few fruits that are enjoyed almost by all people all around the world. Bananas are very tasty and contain plenty of great nutrients for health benefits. Furthermore, banana is digestible easily.
Nutritional benefits of banana to man:
1. Rich in Pyridoxine
Pyridoxine is also known as Vitamin B6 which helps metabolism and absorption of fats and proteins and helps to make red blood cells. Deficiency of vitamin B6 is marked by inflammation of the tongue, lesions on the lip and corners of the mouth and peripheral neuropathy.
2. Contains Vitamin B6
Contained in 225 grams of banana, there is 0.8 grams of Vitamin B6. The substance is powerful against infection. Vitamin B6 is responsible for improving body immune system.
3. Contains carbohydrates
Compared to most fruits, banana has higher amount of carbohydrates. Banana is easily metabolized and can provide instant supply of energy to man. In 100 grams of banana, we can absorb 2.6 grams of dietary fiber, 22.84 grams of carbohydrate, and 12.23 grams of sugar. In some cases, persons with diabetes may need to avoid banana for faster results; instead, they consume alternative fruit.
Calcium plays very vital role to anything related to our body formation especially bone and teeth. Moreover, brain’s neurotransmitter also requires good amount of calcium to function properly to deliver messages. Muscle contractions are as well taking some amount of calcium for optimum role. Inside 100 grams of banana is about 5 mg of calcium.
5. Vitamin C
Vitamin C is superb antioxidants to provide protections against toxic and any other dangerous substance. It can also be our guards to prevent vitamin deficiency. Inside 100 grams of banana, there are almost 9 mg of vitamin C.
Potassium is an essential substance that is helpful for blood circulation thus reduces the risk factor of high blood pressure and the related diseases. In one medium-sized banana, at least there will be 467 mg of potassium. It is one good reason why we should consume at least one banana in the breakfast.
We can boldly say that banana has been provided for use by the nature to keep or improve the human body condition. Besides providing all those mentioned nutrients, the fruit also help fighting or preventing stomach ulcers and any related diseases. In some ways, bananas also prevent diarrhea.
Other usefulness of banana includes the followings:
• Bananas are ideal fruit for people being treated for diarrhea, colitis, stomach ulcers and dyspepsia, and protein allergies.
• Bananas alkalize the blood, which helps neutralize and eliminate excess uric acid that causes arthritis and gout.
• Ideal in low sodium diets and is recommended in cases of low sodium diets.
• Due to its Fiber banana is lipid and cholesterol lowering food.
• They are also known to strengthen the stomach lining.
• The fruit is ideal for people with coronary heart disease.
• Bananas are not contraindicated for diabetics. However the use of carbohydrates they contain must be controlled. The sugars found in bananas are absorbed slowly and do not produce a sharp rise in blood glucose level.