How Buhari Backtracks On Sack Of Service Chief Over Coup Fear

best free russian dating site, best russian woman, best russian dating app, best russian dating, best russian girl, best russian girls, best russian dating websites, best of russian girls,, christian matchmaker, asian dating, asian dating site, asian dating sites, asian dating online, free asian dating, asian dating service

-    Security Reports Doctored To Keep President uninformed

For fear of a coup de tat, President Muhammadu Buhari, rescinded his move to sack the serving security chiefs last week, EfogatorNews authoritatively gathered.

Presidency sources revealed that Buhari beat a retreat on his move to
sack the military brass after members of his inner caucus cautioned him
against it for fear that soldiers loyal to those in line to succeed the
service chiefs are not too well known and might instigate a coup against
him.

The reluctance of the President to sack members of the military hierarchy is despite the allegations of massive illegal financial dealings they have been involved in under the guise of war against insurgency. Most of the Service Chiefs have continued to stay on despite reaching the mandatory retirement age in service.

President Buhari had in July 2015 appointed new Service Chiefs and a
National Security Adviser, after sacking their predecessors whom he
worked with briefly after he won election in same year.

The president appointed Major-General Abayomi Gabriel Olonishakin as Chief of Defence Staff; Major-General T.Y. Buratai as Chief of Army Staff; Rear Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas as Chief of Naval Staff; and Air
Vice Marshal Sadique Abubakar as Chief of Air Staff.

He also appointed Air Vice Marshal Monday Riku Morgan as Chief of
Defence Intelligence; Retired Major-General Babagana Monguno as National Security Adviser.

These service chiefs have continued to preside over the security
architecture of the country, despite criticisms that the war against
insurgency has lingered longer than the President promised it would end.

This week, residents of Borno State had written to President Buhari
informing him that Boko Haram insurgency has not been defeated

The letter which was signed by Hassan Boguma accused the military of not doing enough in the fight against insurgency, noting that Boko Haram terrorists now attack without any countermeasures from the military.

However, Villa sources knowledgeable of Buhari’s backtracking on his
plans to remove the service chiefs, said the president major fear is how
he would establish the trust of new set of service chiefs.

The sources added that the service chiefs have been exploiting the
president’s dilemma by looting the treasury.

“I hear PMB changed his mind about sacking the security chiefs last week because they are afraid of a coup. He is not sure of those to trust
because he knows things are messed up,” a source said.

The source added,  “He is keeping the present security chiefs because
they are ‘loyal’ and won’t trouble him. They are busy stealing so much
money and want the situation to remain. If PMB removes them or tries to probe them, their boys may try to fight back.”

It was further gathered that security reports to the president are often
doctored such that when he is usually told that negative reports with
regards to killings and kidnappings are PDP sponsored stories in the
media.

“They also tactically make sure he does not go to affected areas. They
also ensure diplomats who want to see the president to discuss security
issues are blocked.

“It’s been ongoing in the last two weeks now. He told his inner caucus
of his plans to remove the  service chiefs but some advised against it
because they don’t trust the ones who might take over and also fear
because of the many security challenges in the country a coup might
happen,” the source added.


Credit: PointBlackNews

No comments

What is Your Opinion on This, Use The Comment Box Below: